The implementation of the driving license review continues. From January 1, 2020, the training for phase 2 will be shortened and will focus on driving in close to real conditions. It must be completed within one year of passing the driving test.
Previously, holders of a trial driver’s license had to complete 16 hours of additional training over two days and within 3 years of the road test. The training is now 7 hours on a single day to be completed within one year of the driving test.
In particular, the Confederation has decided to place the emphasis on experimentation with driving situations in close to real conditions:
- Prevention: carry out emergency braking in complete safety
- Energy: economical driving that respects the environment
To sum up the entire two phase licence is shortened by 9 hours.
Test driving license:
- Expiring in 2020 or later: only follow the new day of additional training
- Obtained before December 31, 2019: can take the 1st course of the current additional training instead of the new day of additional training within 3 years.
- Obtained after December 31, 2019: must complete the new day of additional training within twelve months of issuance of the test driving license.